Events may be impacted during Spring Quarter. Please refer to the Spring Quarter Updates page for current information.
- Black Fall Welcome. At the annual Black Fall Welcome, students, staff and faculty come together to welcome all incoming African and African American freshmen, transfer and graduate students. For more information, please contact Center for African Diaspora Student Success.
- The Black Leadership Retreat is an intensive retreat in which participants develop and enhance leadership abilities, learn new skills necessary for successful leadership, practice skills with hands-on activities and situations, network with other student leaders and organizations, discuss Black community concerns and plan activities for the upcoming year in breakout sessions. Contact the Student Recruitment and Retention Center for more information.
- Black Convocation is held annually, offering a culturally supportive community to guide students of African descent toward academic excellence and a quality college experience.
- Black Family Week is held annually and celebrates the African diaspora.
- Black History Month is celebrated with a variety of campus events that promote and educate the community about the African diaspora, highlighting the extraordinary achievements of and societal contributions by people of African descent.
- Black Family Day is held annually and celebrates the African diaspora. (Cancelled Spring 2020)
- Black Graduation Celebration is a commemoration for UC Davis students of African descent to celebrate the completion of an important milestone with our campus community. In addition to attending the commencement ceremony for their particular college, students of African descent are invited to participate in the Black Graduation Celebration enabling them to share this experience with many of their family members and friends.
- The Afrikan Black Coalition (ABC) comprises the nine University of California undergraduate campuses and was created by students who felt that many of the issues they were facing on their campus were the same at all UC campuses. ABC works to provide a stable support network through outreach, conferences and collective actions.